In building a place of business, one of things that need to be considered is hiring a commercial electrician Atlanta to help you. But what is a commercial electrician? How can this professional help you? Commercial electricians have the necessary training to handle even the most extreme of large jobs and they can do so in a systematic manner. They follow all local compliance codes and make sure that electrical jobs are done right.
What is a Commercial Electrician and What does a Commercial Electrician Atlanta Do?
A commercial electrician specializes in doing electrical work on commercial properties like industrial facilities, factories, and buildings. The kind of electrical work in commercial properties differs greatly than electrical work in residential properties. This is mainly due to the total electrical power involved. Specific codes and regulations also need to be followed. There are different kinds of electrical services required in commercial properties, some of which are as follows:
1. Maintenance. Atlanta electricians specializing in commercial work are mainly involved in the field of maintenance. Large commercial facilities require a lot of recurring service work and regular maintenance. Commercial properties require maintenances with electrical companies to make sure that everything is working properly. A lot, if not all, of the electrical components in commercial properties need to receive service from time to time and this requires the help and skills of a professional.
2. Security systems. Commercial properties need to have a reliable security system. Commercial electricians help in the installation of every feature of security systems for different types of structure including alarm systems, cameras, monitoring systems, motion detectors, and control rooms.
3. Wiring. Running cables and wires in a commercial property requires a lot of work. Atlanta electricians specializing in commercial work need to follow very stringent codes in doing their jobs. These include keeping all wiring and cable hidden, and keeping each wire and cable safe from any kind of damage. Plans need to be designed and drawn for several miles of wiring present in a commercial building. In this way, electrical professionals can clearly see where to set wires and cables.
4. Power systems. Several commercial power systems are ran from the ground below. Commercial electrical workers need to tunnel all power lines in a safe and efficient manner. They need to map out plans that show where all the power lines and cables can be serviced in an easy manner. They also need to ensure that each wiring is routed properly.
Expectations from Commercial Electricians in Atlanta GA
1. Commercial electricians must be qualified to perform jobs that involve higher than average voltage. This generally means anything that involves more than 24 volts but it all depends on state guidelines. Different commercial properties have different requirements as well. The hazards involved with the job require, electrical work to be strictly regulated. This is why a commercial electrician in Atlanta GA needs to have the necessary license.
2. Commercial electricians are trained to work safely to minimize, if not totally avoid, injuries on the job. There is the daily possibility of suffering from injuries due to electricity. Electrical shocks are the most common hazards associated with this job. The risk of having the skin and eyes exposed to a flash of electric arc is another daily hazard faced by commercial electricians in Atlanta.
Knowing how to work safely with electricity is part of the training of any electrical worker. This include ensuring there is no residual energy in all the circuits before starting any kind of work, knowing how to use special equipment that help limit the chances of contact with electrical arcs, and donning special clothing that add more protection from electricity. They are also trained on working with live wires in case energy from power lines cannot be removed for repair.
3. Commercial electricians have a certain area of specialization. The kind of work that commercial electrician have can vary, depending on the field that he or she is specialized in. There are electricians who specialize in doing work in high places while others specialize in electric work that require lifting heavy tools. There are also who specialize in electrical work that involves crawling through and bending in small spaces. Others specialize in outdoor electrical work while others specialize in indoor electrical jobs.
We can always seek help from commercial electrician Atlanta contractors if we need cable and wiring for commercial properties. The job they do is no easy task and they must have the necessary licenses to perform the different electrical jobs required. There service fees might cost a premium but this is nothing compared to the safety they can ensure.
If you would like more information, simply head to our home page at Electricians in Atlanta.